Internships in Spain

Read and learn about our different services and programs in Spain

What is a Training Agreement?

Important note: Since 31/08/2019, you do not need a training agreement signed by a university to make an internship in Spain if you are a non-EU student studying or graduated no more than 2 years ago and your internship is in your field of studies.
Therefore you are eligible if:
1) You are a university or master student and you want to make an internship or you did not graduate more than 2 years ago.
2) The internship is related in some way to your education or background.

For further information: https://www.spain-internship.com/en/news/809-regulation-interns-spain-2019.


A training agreement is basically a document that defines the nature of your internship or placement. It is issued by your current or former university or your educational institution and serves to prove that the internship would be a part of your studies and related to your education. The agreement is signed by the sending institution (university), the receiving company, and you, the intern. Spain Internship cannot and does not provide training agreements; this is just an informational article.

Whether you are currently studying or a recent graduate, we require you to be able to get a training agreement from your university or private academic school. Without the training agreement, we, unfortunately, cannot help you, as Spanish legislation requires the interns to provide one.



The following points are what training agreements usually include, but are not limited to these:


Contact & personal information
Enrolled university

University / Sending Institution

Contact information
Supervisor / international office contact
Educational objectives of the internship
Contact information
Internship supervisor
Tasks of intern
Dates of internship  

Company / Host organisation

Contact details
Information about the company


In this area, normally privacy regulations are included, as well as insurances and responsibilities.


Type of placements and Training agreement

There are two kinds of placements in Spain; is either curricular or extracurricular.
To prove that the internship is to learn and that it is not uncovered work, this training agreement is needed. It needs to be signed by an educational institution. There are no limitations to what kind of school, which mean they can be public or private (universities, TEFL schools, high schools, etc). The agreement is signed by the sending institution (educational institution), the receiving company, and you, the intern.


Curricular: Providing ECTS credits and being recognised in the title of the student after the bachelor has been completed.
Extracurricular: Those are ones, that are done in a volunteer way, that may be related to any kind of education or not, but reinforce the learning of the student in one or another way.
During every placement in which you work, you will have a learning result. Therefore a learning outcome is given, which means universities can sign this document.

Your university or educational institution should provide its own. If they do not have a template, they can get inspired or follow some of these models, which are from third party offices.

Here you can find some samples of training agreements from official institutions*

*These are public links. We do not have any property or rights over these documents.

Are you thinking about doing an internship abroad? Spain Internship specialises in connecting students, universities and companies to organise internships that meet the requirements of all parties.

Apply now completely free of charge to begin looking for the perfect internship for you. Click the apply button below to being your search!