The Line Cook is responsible for the preparation of high-quality food in a timely, efficient, sanitary and consistent manner. They work in a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment, while maintaining the organizational ability to identify and act on job duties quickly and effectively. They also work as a team member in a dynamic workplace such as the restaurant kitchen.
- • Daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry and/or stations or other areas of the kitchen.
- • Setup station according to restaurant guidelines.
- • Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- • Follow recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- • Assist with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- • Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances.
- • Serve food in the proper portion size and at the proper temperature.
Requirements (skills & qualifications):
- • Minimum 1 year of cooking experience.
- • Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation, and principles of safe food handling required.
- • Ability to lift up to 50lb.
- • Effective team & communication skills.
English level required:
High - Intermediate.
Metro Vancouver Area.
Type of Employers:
Available throughout the academic year.
Approx. Hours of work:
40 hours per week.
Send your application with copy of your passport, your resume and a proof copy of your registration at the University or Post Secondary School.
If you are interested in applying, do not hesitate to contact us to email@example.com