The Work and Travel program provided by Spain Internship allows you to broaden your international
experience in the USA while learning right from the locals about the diverse in USA culture.
Travel in the USA and work in seasonal jobs with minimal training required, in order to earn funds
helping you defray a portion of your expenses.
This program includes
● Step-by-step guidance during the application process
● Help with resume and cover letter writing according to USA format
● Work & Travel placement
● Assistance in obtaining DS-2019 form 1 (needed to obtain J1 visa)
● Guidance and advice on housing in case it does not include it
● Information on Visas, visa interview, airline tickets and much more!
Fields and type of positions
● Amusement parks
Qualified positions as architecture, business, science or engineering are not allowed in this program.
If you are looking for an internship or traineeship, we can offer you our an Intern/Trainee program in
the USA. To obtain more information:
Work & Travel Requirements
● Basic level to communicate in English
● Intention to participate in the cultural aspects of the Summer work travel program
● Being enrolled in some university studies
● Demonstrate that you have sufficient financial resources for the period of the program is
Duration of the program in the USA
The maximum period of the program is 3 months, based on the duration of your summer break, plus
the grace month which is 1 month. In this month, you ARE NOT ALLOWED to work, you can spend it
on leisure and trips within the USA The allowed travel period should not interfere with their job
obligations nor should the travel period overlap the start of their next school semester. Students in
their senior year of university will be allowed to participate in the program as long as they conduct
their visa interview and have been granted their visa before graduation from university. Extensions are
not permitted in this program.
Compensation varies by company and depends on the field. Some companies may assist with the
accommodation or offering you at a low price per week. The remuneration is $6.50 - $14.00 per hour.
You can work up to 40 hours per week. The remuneration will be range $1400 -$2240 monthly.
Form DS 2019
Spain Internship assists in obtaining the DS-2019 required for a J1 visa.
In this program, companies can offer you housing or/and transportation at a low price per week. In
case the company does not provide you with the accommodation, Spain Internship advises you about
different types of housing and provides information about affordable housing options and assists you
in finding the most suitable one. The cost of stay directly depends on the geographical region and
Income vs. Living costs
The rate of pay is $6.50 - $14.00 per hour.
The remuneration will be in a range $1400 -$2240 monthly. It all depends on the position you
have and if you want to make some extra hours.
You can save around: $750 per month.
In case the housing and transportation will not be included you will pay: $200 -$500 monthly.
Food and leisure: $400 per month.
The insurance must be bought before going as the USA government is requiring it. Spain Internship
provides the insurances that meet the USA Department of State’s requirements for J-1 exchange
visitors. This insurance fee must be paid in the second payment. If you will stay in the grace period,
you need to buy extra insurance for that period. The price of the insurance is €45 per month. See the
Prices of our Work and travel program in the USA
Payments should be made either by check, money order, Western Union, Paypal or wire transfer.
First payment: Reservation
Second payment (including Sponsorship and work placement fee) DS 2019 emission +
After a position proposal, you have to pay the second payment. Notice that the DS 2019
document is the most important thing to apply for the visa.
€45 for the insurance per month of stay. You have to pay in addition to the second payment.
Transfer fee (Take into account the transfer fee, so before you send the money check what itis the exact cost. You can send the money by check, money order, Western Union, Paypal or
$130 USA government Embassy fees
$35 SEVIS Fee
Flights & other expenses.
Program in USA application process
After reading the document, if you have any question, contact us at email@example.com
● To apply: send your curriculum with photo and proof your student university status at
● We will have a meeting with you to explain how is the process, possible offer vacancies.
● After confirming that you want to make the program, you have to pay the registration fee in
10 days: €250
● Skype interview with our partner in the USA. This will let us know what position we can offer
you based on your English level
● Position proposal. You will receive jobs opportunities to choose
● After the position decision, you have to make the second payment to receive the DS-2019
document. (The most important paper to apply for the visa)
● Visa application. You have to pay the embassy and SEVIS fees. Complete it before 30 days
to start date.
● After receiving the visa confirmation, you can buy your flight tickets
● Now, you are ready to live your experience at the USA
Cancellation policy and Visa
● In case of refusal or rejection of a visa application by the USA consulate, Spain Internship will
keep a €250 cancellation fee. Applicant must return the original DS-2019 form to Spain
internship and submit proof of the denial from the embassy within 10 business days of the
● In visa application step: you need to complete it before 30 days to start date, otherwise, you
have to pay an extradited processing fee of €500
● Cancellations received after a job offer is confirmed will be subject to a €250 cancellation fee
● In case you are losing your DS Form and a new one has to be submitted, €400 extra will be
charged for a new DS Form issue and sending costs
Do you want to learn more?
Check out our students' reviews, or simply visit our Facebook page for more information!
If you are interested in our internship or traineeship in the USA, contact our program manager, José Jiménez, firstname.lastname@example.org Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!