Our collaborator is a private educational institution working with children from 3 to 12 years old. Their children are learning English in an interactive funny way, with activities like cooking, singing, theater, yoga or dancing during afternoons.
Their idea is to teach children in a calm and friendly environment while having fun and playing with colleagues and teachers. By doing this the children build their vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation in a natural way, in a comfortable and cheerful environment.
Their after-school programme generally runs from 17:30 - 19:30 on weekdays (15 euros/hour after-tax) and 11:00 - 13:00 on Saturdays (20 euros/hour after-tax). There is also the option to work in our many camps and workshops that run throughout the year, as well as the opportunity for growth within the company: managerial roles, using hobbies or talents you may have to organize workshops, etc.
If you are a dynamic person and you love to spend time with children, this is your opportunity!
- Utilizing lesson plan in order to deliver a fun, dynamic and engaging class
- Helping students to learn grammar and vocabulary in a way that is relevant to the weekly topic (this is also provided in the lesson plan)
- Helping students to feel confident about speaking English and encouraging them to see it as something enjoyable that they will use in the future
- Contributing one idea towards the planning each week (this usually takes no more than 15 minutes) and voting up your favorite ideas. The best ideas are incorporated into the following week’s planning!
- Making a difference by helping kids to learn in a multicultural environment at an early age!
- Proficiency level of English
- Experience teaching or working with children in some capacity (summer camps, sports or music lessons, regular babysitting, etc.)
- Patience and a genuine love for working with children are a must
- Responsible: It’s extremely important that you arrive on time for class
- Fun, and enthusiastic with the ability to successfully adapt an activity to any given group. A positive attitude when working with students, co-workers, and managers.
- Studies related to education/psychology/social work are NOT a requirement but they are an advantage.
12hours/week L- V (17.30-19.30), S (11.00-13.00)
September 2020 - June 2021
Madrid (centre or outskirts)